major change release management for former Extras packages?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 7 17:56:25 UTC 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 13:37:35 Josh Boyer wrote:
> No.  f7-final is a tag.  Rawhide itself (which hasn't actually existed
> in a koji based world yet) is comprised of packages that are tagged as
> f7-final.
>
> If there is a package that has been built but not tagged with f7-final,
> it's not in rawhide.  So the state of devel in CVS is not reflective of
> either rawhide or the final release at the moment.  It all depends on
> what NVR is tagged with f7-final.

What adds to the confusion/frustration is that we did this merger during a
freeze.  Had we not been frozen, rawhide would be composing from dist-fc7 and
it would be much easier to grasp.  But we are frozen, and as such there are
extra steps involved to get packages "live".  Once we branch F-7 and open up
rawhide for F8, then rawhide will just compose from things in the standard
tag that gets applied when you do 'make build' in devel/ (until the first
freeze for F8).

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora