Post-merge howto and FAQ

David Moore dcm at acm.org
Tue May 8 04:11:46 UTC 2007

That's very helpful, thanks.

One question:  Presumably there is a date at which getting tagged with
"f7-final" will stop meaning "goes in the Fedora 7 gold release" and
will start meaning "goes in the Fedora 7 updates repository"?  How is
this date decided and what kind of warning will we get before it
happens?

Also, in FC6 and earlier, the release and updates were stored in
separate repositories on the server.  Will those continue to be
separate, or will they be merged in F7?

Thanks,

David