[Announcement] Fedora 7 Deep Freeze/GA release schedule change

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed May 9 08:03:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 08:24:43PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Slipping a week will allow more time for the merge tree to materialize
> and stabilize.  Maintainers will also have more time to adjust to the
> new processes involved as a result of the merge.  We will also have more
> time to evaluate the blocking bugs that are currently open in Bugzilla.

As a fedora extras developper I think it wouldn't be bad if we have time
to adapt to all the changes (koji, release process) and if there was
time to properly document the changes before F7 is out, and have time to
understand everything. It may also be nice to know precisely how updates
will be done before the release.

Maybe the adaptation may also take place between the freeze and the release,
but I guess this period of time should be short too.

--
Pat