Post-merge howto and FAQ

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed May 9 20:04:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 10:00:38PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Due to popular demand, I sat down and wrote up a brief howto for
> handling packages in the merged world.  Given that I'm almost guaranteed
> to have not answered all the questions, it's living under:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JoshBoyer/MergeHOWTO
>
> for the moment.  Hopefully it will give the package maintainers a high
> level overview of what to do and how to do it.  Feel free to ask
> questions and I (or others) will try to address them.
>
> Once we get a decent enough document in place, the content can be
> generalized and we'll update the main packaging documents with the
> appropriate information.

Thanks, Josh, I have a question (of which I don't really know the
answer) for the FAQ:

After

 Q: What happens to the packages tagged with dist-fc7 but not f7-final
 Q: Will I need to rebuilt my packages when Fedora 8 development
    begins?

my question would be:

 Q: Will packages in dist-fc7 that were inherited into dist-fc8 appear
    in F8's rawhide?

I _assume_ the answer is

 A: Yes, rawhide is only limited to f7-final until F7 goes gold. After
    that rawhide will be rebased on dist-fc8, so any package that was
    in dist-fc7 and not in f7-final will reappear in rawhide.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net