Packaging Haskell libraries

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu May 10 00:06:36 UTC 2007

Till Maas wrote:

> There seems to be also "ghc-gtk2hs" and only "gtk2hs-doc" without any ghc
> prefix in Fedora Extras 6.

Yep.  The ghc-gtk2hs package is empty; I don't know what purpose it is
supposed to serve.  It's understandable that the doc package would be
implementation independent :-)

> Can I use the hugs98-x11 with ghc or need all libraries used by ghc be
> compiled by ghc, too? Or is this a complete different package?

Hugs and GHC are not binary compatible, so they need duplicates of every
library package.

> Thanks, I will take a look at it when I will try to build xmonad and its
> dependencies. But knowing these new obstacles, my motivation just became
> less.

FWIW, it took me about 5 minutes to build xmonad using cabal-rpm.

	<b