Post-merge howto and FAQ

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu May 10 08:32:27 UTC 2007

On Do Mai 10 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:

> If a package is not rebuilt from FC6 to F7 (or F7 and F8 etc) then
> there is no need to think about upgrade paths, they are trivial,
> e.g. no upgrade is needed at all.

But when I update a package now in FC6, the package in F7 will be older. Sure,
if one does not change anything, i.e. not updating a FC6 package in the FC6
lifetime, that there will be no problems with the upgrade path.

> discouraged to do so, and therefore you can possibly even get away
> with a simple cp op and never get into the problem of F7 < FC6 and
> having to rebuild for F7.

What "cp op" are you talking about? Afaik there will be only a copy of some
packages in "devel" to F7 (the packages, that are tagged f7-final).

Regards,
Till