Post-merge howto and FAQ

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 10 11:25:32 UTC 2007

BN> Axel Thimm (Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net) said:
>> I _assume_ the answer is
>>
>> A: Yes, rawhide is only limited to f7-final until F7 goes
>> gold. After that rawhide will be rebased on dist-fc8, so any
>> package that was in dist-fc7 and not in f7-final will reappear in
>> rawhide.

BN> Correct.
BN> Bill

On the subject of tags now that we're merged, shouldn't all references
to "fc" ("Fedora Core") be replaced with "f" ("Fedora"), i.e.

dist-fc7 -> dist-f7
dist-fc8 -> dist-f8

and all new NVR for packages in f7 and later be of the form:

foobar-1.2-3.f7

rather than:

foobar-1.2-3.fc7

etc?  It seems a little odd to be carrying forward the "fc" when
Fedora Core will cease to exist as of F7.

Alex