fc7 vs f7 (was: Post-merge howto and FAQ)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu May 10 12:45:46 UTC 2007

> I remember that we agreed to keep on using fc, with a new meaning,
> fedora collection. Isn't it the case?

Yes, but that's bending the names after the fact, it should be the
other way around, especially for an (important) acronym that has been
extensively used in another meaning over three years now. And some
people consider using "Collection" in names of total spins etc, so it
would become ambiguous what it means.

Just let some time pass, and either people will not care and we will
be using fc14 some day w/o anyone remembering what the c stand for, or
people will nag enough that we will phase it into f14. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net