Please help the EPEL effort a bit even if you don't participate in EPEL

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun May 13 15:39:25 UTC 2007

Me again!

I wanted to send this as a separate shorter mail on purpose, in the hope
that more people read a short mail about EPEL, even if they are not
interested.

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Not all the build- and runtime-dependencies I need are available in
> EPEL. How do I get them? Please read
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatus -- and please flip
> the EPEL bit behind your name so other EPEL contributors know if you are
> committed to EPEL or not.

If you are a Fedora contributors please go to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatus , skim over the
fist paras quickly, edit the page, look out for your name/email and
update the last cell in that row (it's the one "Interested in
maintaining packages in EPEL" column) to either "yes", "no", "partly" or
"unsure".

Even if you are not interested in EPEL updating the page like this is in
your own interest to avoid that EPEL contributors bug you with questions
if you participate in EPEL.

Thanks in advance!

Note: the page was generated weeks ago; so recent contributors might be
missing (simply add yourself please) and the number of packages is not
fully accurate (it's there for other purposes, so this can be ignored).

CU
thl