Merge/F7 questions

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon May 14 14:52:09 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 00:00 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> 1) When will the EVR of the kernel to be included in the F7 final release be
> known, and will there be time to build module packages for it and get them
> through rel-eng?

Unfortunately, the kernel is one of those things that ends up being
built until the last minute :/  There should be time to build module
packages for it, though as there aren't any module packages on the media
making things a smidge easier.  Dave is probably in the best position to
do a "heads-up; this is hopefully the final kernel" mail when we're
there.

> 2) How can I get the modules built for the f7-final kernel?  I just tried it
> with em8300-kmod; "koji latest-pkg f7-final kernel" says
> kernel-2.6.21-1.3116.fc7 at the moment, but I can no longer build modules for
> it as those 1.3116.fc7 kernel(-devel) packages don't seem to be available for
> the builders: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3364

This should be a bit better now that davej can tag the kernels himself
which should keep things better synced.

> 3) The new mirror layout at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasMerge does not show
> an "updates" directory for F7, nor mentions what replaces it.  Was its
> omission from the new layout intentional?  If yes, where do package updates
> go from F7 on?

/pub/fedora/linux/updates/7 (and it looks like the wiki page got updated
for this)

Jeremy