Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 14 21:10:20 UTC 2007

We're planning on entering "Deep Freeze" this Thursday.  From that point on
we'll only be accepting build tag requests for builds that are fixing release
blockers.  See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria for current
release criteria.

At this time we will also be branching CVS for F-7.  Builds from the devel/
branch will be given the dist-f8 tag and held until rawhide starts composing
from dist-f8 (all dist-fc7 builds will be inherited by dist-f8 as well).
Builds from the F-7/ branch will be given the dist-fc7-updates-candidate tag
and can either wait for bodhi (the update tool) to become available to
request as an update to Fedora 7, or if it is a release blocker be tagged
with f7-final (after emailing rel-eng at fedoraproject.org)

Mail will be sent prior to the CVS branching as there will be a small outage
during the branching.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora