Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue May 15 16:11:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 17:00 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:16:27AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> >
> > See above.  They go out as an update to Fedora 7 and thus get a nice
> > announcement and such.
>
> Will there be a way to short-circuit the announcement and just update,
> like it was possible before?

Holy Zod, no. No no no. Very no.

There will be no more silent updating of packages without explanation
or at least a *chance* for testing.

Yeah, I know this makes putting out updates slightly harder, but in my
opinion the fact that we ever allowed this at all was a massive
oversight, not a design feature.

We will have to work slightly harder in order to Do The Right Thing for
our users, to ensure package sanity and overall distribution stability.
Those are our goals, and I hope you'll agree that they're worth working
for.

-w