Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue May 15 16:57:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 11:14:35AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 May 2007 11:00:20 Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Will there be a way to short-circuit the announcement and just update,
> > like it was possible before?
>
> No, as that is a very poor end user experience.  Here I've got 40 updates,
> without a clue as to why these updates exist and why I should use bandwidth
> to pull them down.  Updates without announcements / reasons is just chucking
> grenades over the wall.

In my opinion it really depends on the package and on the update. Sometimes
you want to do annoucements, some time it is just a loss of time for the
packager to do it and for the end-user to read it. So I think it would
be much more efficient if it was possible to skip it. Of course it should
also be easy to do a nice announcement.

--
Pat