Broken upgrade paths in F7

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue May 15 18:49:06 UTC 2007

> Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> > I suggested we wait a couple days.  Ralf has not officially declared his
> > packages to be orphaned.  I'm hoping he'll be amenable to perhaps
> > another maintainer submitting the tag request since he's taking a break
> > from Fedora.
>
> That's all well and good for this specific instance but I am talking
> more about a general policy. How are you going to handle instances where
> maintainers refuse to cooperate? Step in and workaround them or consider
> the packages orphaned and pull them off?

I have no energy to discuss some theoretical policy for a situation that
should hopefully not occur more than a few times.  I'm not saying you're
wrong to address that, however.  If you would like to have a discussion
on that, please start a new thread.  It's not a discussion or policy
that will be finalized before F7 releases.

josh