Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue May 15 21:48:20 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 17:36:42 Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > In the general case packages would automatically be pushed. If you are
> > going to request exceptions that would be a relatively rare thing and
> > doesn't add much of a burden. A burden which is necessary because it
> > provides us a chance to reduce broken stuff getting pushed out.
>
> I don't think it is necessary to go through a team for pushing things
> out. Of course it could be exceptions and the default could be to push
> things in the uppdate repo where they are released automatically as you
> describe above, but tthis should only be default not something
> mandatory.

You do realize that prior to the merger you were _still_ going through
somebody to get your pushes to happen.  The folks that were doing the Extras
pushes still had to make sure the repos were consistant, still had to sign
the packages, and make the bits go.  Only now we're asking you to provide us
with some extra information about the updates so that we can make better
decisions about what to release and what to hold back, or how quickly we need
to do a push.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora