Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 16 09:01:59 UTC 2007

On 5/15/07, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> BTW why can't the update message be the last changelog entry by default?
> I'd rather require people to write meaningful changelogs than forcing
> them to pipe the info in a different system.

+1, i think this is a sane way to minimize perceived burden while
still getting useful information into update notification mechanisms.
Hell, unless there is some pretty stellar guidance for notification
texts that convinces us otherwise, I expect the general practice will
be to cut and paste of the changelog text...because its the easiest
way to satisfy a notification text requirement.  We already sort of
have a mechanism to help us cut and pass changlogs for cvs commit
messages.

If we make the last changelog entry the default update message, which
can be overwritten by a more expansive message on a case by case
basis, that would suit me just fine.

-jef"just need to figure out how to make update notification texts
look pretty in the output of a yum cmdline call"spaleta