Updates System

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed May 16 16:38:29 UTC 2007

On 5/16/07, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 09:02 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> >
> > * a "make push" command that could be run to push a package w/o any
> > manual intervention.  For most packages, a "make tag build push" would
> > suffice, and the world wouldn't come to an end.
>
> That should never happen for updates.  Packages are signed and you need
> a human to sign them.  Automating the signing process is absurd because
> if that's done, there is no point in signing things anyway.

Sorry, push was definitely a misnomer here.  Basically where I was
going is that there should be some trivial way to flag an update as
safe to tag with updates when built (or maybe after a day's delay,
etc)...  maybe something like 'make autotag' or somesuch.

                                      -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia