Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed May 16 20:43:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 02:05:31AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Bypassing MUST sections of the guidelines like this is just plain wrong.
>  If every maintainer can bypass the guidelines whenever they want there
> is no point in having the guidelines.

Ignoring valid concerns about the guidelines isn't better.

It is not about bypassing the guidelines whenever I want, there were
discussions about the relevance of static libs in some contexts, but
nobody seems to care in the FPC. I bypassed the guidelines only after
this became evident. In most cases I follow the guidelines to the letter.

--
Pat