Update System: Not Rawhide

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Thu May 17 00:02:08 UTC 2007

On 5/16/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 19:02:13 Chris Weyl wrote:
> > Can't we branch before freeze? Wouldn't that obviate the need for
> > freezing rawhide?
>
> I do believe the future plan is to let folks branch when they need to, since
> not everybody wants to have yet another branch to apply fixes to for the last
> month+ of a release.

In such a scenario, would packages that branch prior to a mandated
"must branch by" date still find themselves frozen in devel?  If so,
it wouldn't seem to help much...  One would think we'd pursue this
sort of pre-freeze branching, as it would probably tend to get people
in the mindset of "hey, this isn't me noodling around in rawhide
anymore, but a package targeted for actual release".

                                  -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia