Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu May 17 06:33:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 22:04 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 04:43:13PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >
> > Unless a guideline is marked as a "should" it is mandatory.  If you
> > disagree with something the guidelines say is a must, the proper thing
> > to do is to get the guideline changed.[1]_
>
> For the static libraries, I voiced my concerns on fedora-packaging, Ralf
> responded without answering my arguments, I reresponded and nothing
> happened after that.
I repeatedly answered to your concerns.

To reiterate:
* I don't see any technical reason for inclusion of any static library
in a distribution. Your primary argument "numerical programs" is a
non-argument - You simply are in error.

* Exceptions from this are not FPC's business, but are a
political/management issue, which should be decided by a management
entity. The guidelines reflect this notion by forcing packages to
redirect such decisions to FESCo.

Ralf