De-sucking the packaging documentation

Chip Coldwell coldwell at redhat.com
Thu May 17 12:31:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> The current state of documentation about the buildsystem, tagging,
> releases etc sucks.

+1

I think some of the blame should also be assigned to a rather
ambitious set of goals for F7, i.e. doing the core/extras merge and
EPEL at the same time as a release.  Actually, does anyone else see
any irony in the fact that Fedora is merging core+extras at the same
time that RHEL is adding extras?

> The nearest thing to helpful is Josh Boyer's FAQ, but that's only
> findable if you've been keeping up with this mailing list.

Where is it?

> Is anyone else interested in helping out?

I could be.

Chip

--
Charles M. "Chip" Coldwell