Broken upgrade paths in F7

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri May 18 13:17:09 UTC 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007 01:15:00 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> No man-page,

There is a README in the package, not great, but a start.

> no docs on .koji (--nowait), no docs/man on koji.conf, no
> reasonable error messages if koji fails (It did several times because
> some servers were inaccessible) isn't setup correctly locally
> (/usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup.sh wasn't mentioned anywhere until
> somebody fixed it recently - Other people also complained about this).

Ok, these are reasonable things to start creating docs for.  Would you like to
help (by identifying what things you'd be looking for in said docs.  I'm
horrible at creating docs out of thin air)

> > > now also seem to have inconsistencies been rawhide and the buildsystem.
> > > Yesterday, I was facing packages which built in rawhide but failed in
> > > the buildsystem).
> >
> > Which and how did they fail?
>
> perl-modules built flawlessly in a local fc7-mock ("make mock"), but
> failed in koji ("make build").

That's not helpful.  You have logs, why don't they build right?  What were the
build IDs?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora