problem with the fedora cvs

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Fri May 18 21:02:18 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to set things up so I can make any needed changes in oprofile
package I maintain. I attempted to follow the instructions on

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CvsAccess

I am able to check out the oprofile package as expected, but I attempted to bump
the version number  and check in the modified oprofile/devel/oprofile.spec file,
I get the following message:

$ cvs ci oprofile.spec
**** Access allowed: wcohen is in ACL for rpms/oprofile/devel.
Checking in oprofile.spec;
/cvs/pkgs/rpms/oprofile/devel/oprofile.spec,v  <--  oprofile.spec
cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file
`/cvs/pkgs/rpms/oprofile/devel/,oprofile.spec,': Permission denied
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvs8l98Nw

I checked and I appear to be the maintainer of the package. What do I need to
correct, so that I am able to check in changes?

-Will