Broken upgrade paths in F7

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon May 21 18:38:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007 12:17:00 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 11:42 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >
> >> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >>

> >> Ralf, I'm sorry but you have been horribly disrespectful in this thread
> >> and in others.  Its time dood.  move on.
> >>
> >> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate
> >>
> >>     -Mike
> >>
> > I do show respect to those who deserve it.
> >

> If you'd said that to me, I would have let it go.  I will not, however,
> stand by while you say it about Jesse.  He does deserve your respect.
> Here's why:
>
> 1) If anyone can explain how he does what he does while still being able
> to sleep every once in a while, let me know.
> 2) He's more modest about it but I am 90% sure the merge wouldn't have
> happened in F7 were it not for him.
> 3) Sponsor status.  He sponsors more people than anyone else in fedora.
> 55 people!  That's 5% of ALL Fedora contributors.

Uh, come on, this thread is moving ridiculously close to the dark side of
the force. Sponsoring Red Hat employees involves blanket-approval, we all
know that, and you should know that you're comparing apples and oranges
anyway. Or most likely you refer to sub-projects where community folks
cannot sponsor anyone. You can look up Fedora Extras sponsor stats here
for comparison, where Jesse is listed as sponsoring 14, and the reverse
lookup will likely reveal they are @redhat.com, perhaps all:

https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/dump-group.cgi?group=cvsextras&role_type=sponsor&format=html