using mock for chroot builds. WAS [F8/multilib] {, /usr}/{, s}bin64

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Tue May 1 16:11:43 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 05:06:42PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 11:03 -0500, Michael E Brown wrote:
> > On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 12:27:03AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > >
> > > - doing development for a non-primary arch without setting up
> > >   a chroot. (mock works well for RPMS. mock for random
> > >   'compile this' is a PITA.)
> >
> > What problems do you see with mock, and what kind of suggestions would
> > you make to fix this?
>
> How do I use mock with something other than RPMs?

Today (from memory, since it has been a while since I have done this):

  $ mock init [ -r mockcfg ]

This sets up the chroot. Then, you can copy files in and run either
'mock chroot' or 'mock shell'

Any suggestions on what you would require to make this process more
painless would be appreciated.

--
Michael