Buildsystem / CVS outage for the merger

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue May 1 21:12:20 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 16:48:35 David Cantrell wrote:
> I might be alone in this, but doing the merge now sounds like a bad
> idea.  It didn't happen and we are frozen now for critical bug fixes for
> F7.  Merging now sounds like too many opportunities for badness right on
> the edge of releasing F7.

The release team and the board considered this, however we are keeping careful
eye on what package builds will actually get tagged for the final release.
We also kicked out the deep freeze date a week to give more slush time.  The
overall major goal with F7 was the merger, so we're accepting the extra risk
in order to make good on our goal.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora