Sub-Committee's Reporting to FESCo

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu May 3 16:45:14 UTC 2007

Brian Pepple schrieb:
> At the last FESCo meeting, we discussed how FESCo wished the various
> sub-committees (EPEL, FPC) to report their weekly summaries.  The
> initial proposal was to have the sub-committee send a summary to FESCo
> at least 24-hours before the FESCo weekly meeting.  Then during the
> FESCo meeting, the chair would simply ask if there were "any objection
> to this week's report of <group> at http://<url>", and if necessary have
> a vote on any contentious issues.
>
> This works fine for the FPC since they meet on Tuesdays, but since EPEL
> meets on Wednesday they wouldn't be able to send out a summary in time
> for that week's FESCo meeting.  So instead of having them wait till the
> following weeks meeting, do we want to have a guideline that on
> summaries that aren't sent to FESCo in time, FESCo members have 3
> business days after the summary is sent to make any objections known?

My 2 cent:

----
Sub-Committee like EPEL or Fedora Packaging Committee have to create a
weekly report of their important doings, meetings and the major
decisions. Those reports gets send to FESCo (either to the list directly
or via the FESCo chair) as well as to fedora-maintainers @ redhat com
for public discussion.

FESCo members should raise any concerns in public after the report got
send. If two or more FESCo members say "this should be further
discussed" in less than 72 hours after the report got sent the issue
should be put on hold until being further discussed.
----

CU
thl