PPC64 builds (was Re: Merge Status - Building available)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 3 19:45:56 UTC 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 14:58:31 Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Thursday 03 May 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > It is now possible to do builds for devel/.
>
> What's the status of ppc64 for F7?
>
> It looks like koji builds for ppc64 by default, which means a lot of
> ex-Extras builds will fail because their ex-Extras dependencies are not
> available for ppc64.
>
> For example, my vdr-femon build failed because there's no ppc64 vdr
> available at the moment:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1445
>
> Are there plans to eg. auto-rebuild all ex-Extras packages from the latest
> tag in devel for ppc64, or are packagers expected to take care of this
> through usual rebuilds, or will ppc64 be disabled by default before F7, or
> something else?

Egads.  We had thought about this at one point, and it seems to have slipped
our collective minds.  Many things will be able to build, but some thing that
require previously Extras packages in the buildroot will fail.  I've setup a
tracker bug to track these.  If your package fails to build, please file a
bug for it and block 'PPC64MissingDeps'.  We will be trying to fix these
asap, by bootstrapping and rebuilding ex-Extras packages to generate a ppc64
build of them.  If at all possible, please do not ExcludeArch: ppc64.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora