koji queue vs plague queue behaviour

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri May 4 03:42:40 UTC 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 20:38:58 Chris Weyl wrote:
> So when one does a "make build" and koji is kicked off, it looks like
> we get to sit there and watch the job run, vs the "queue and return"
> behaviour of plague.  This is especially odd as "make build" will
> return quickly when it happens to be talking to plague, but just hang
> around watching the job when it's talking to koji.  Now, I actually
> rather like watching this, but it makes scripted operations (e.g. kick
> off several builds at once) rather inefficient.
>
> Is there a way to cause koji to return once the job is queued?

KOJI_FLAGS="--nowait" or I do believe you can set something in .kojirc like
this.

> And further, is there a way an individual packager can cause koji to
> return after queuing when using the "make build" target?  Or can we
> just change things globally to revert to the expected behaviour?

Do your build with KOJI_FLAGS="--nowait" and it will return as soon as queued.
I thought about making this the default, however that would mean nobody could
watch it.  So the default is watch it, the option is available to make it
return.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora