PPC64 builds (was Re: Merge Status - Building available)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 4 05:56:20 UTC 2007

> Egads.  We had thought about this at one point, and it seems to have slipped
> our collective minds.  Many things will be able to build, but some thing that
> require previously Extras packages in the buildroot will fail.  I've setup a
> tracker bug to track these.  If your package fails to build, please file a
> bug for it and block 'PPC64MissingDeps'.  We will be trying to fix these
> asap, by bootstrapping and rebuilding ex-Extras packages to generate a ppc64
> build of them.  If at all possible, please do not ExcludeArch: ppc64.

And if you do ExcludeArch: ppc64 remember that _ALL_ uses of
ExcludeArch: must have a corresponding bug filed, even if it's just an
explanation. And that bug must be on the corresponding ExcludeArch
tracker bug. I've created the tracker bug (#238953) for ppc64 -- aliased
'FE-ExcludeArch-ppc64' for consistency with the others, which will all
probably drop the leading 'FE-' from the name at some point.

We _really_ ought to start enforcing this "ExcludeArch must have bug"
rule in the build system.

--
dwmw2