Merge Status - Building available

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri May 4 13:33:53 UTC 2007

A couple of questions:

Jesse Keating wrote, at 05/04/2007 03:15 AM +9:00:

> Koji will take your build and run with it, you'll see some output on the CLI.
> Your build, if successful, will be tagged with 'dist-fc7'.  This is not
> enough to get it into rawhide, as F7 is in continual slush freeze.  If you
> need your build to get into rawhide and thus Fedora 7, you need to follow the
> policy http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/DevelFreezePolicy
> here.

Well,
A. Does this mean that many packages which were approved and were
   rebuilt after koji began to work (then marked as 'dist-fc7')
   will not be pushed into Fedora 7,
   while they will be pushed into Fedora _Extras_ 6/5 as before (usually
   within two days)? (i.e. will this cause the situation that
   newer packages will appear on FE-5/6, but not on Fedora 7)?

B. There are still many packages which are still waiting for review and
   some of them require rpms marked as dist-fc7 as BuildRequires.
   If the situation A is true, how can I check if a package can be
   rebuilt with mock correctly which I want to review and which
   requires dist-fc7 rpms (which are not pushed into public yet)?

   Before koji began to work, mock used to pull such BuildRequires rpms
   from
   http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/plague-results/fedora-development-extras/ ,
   which included repodata (marked as "local" repository) and mock could use
   such rpms "which were just rebuilt but not formally pushed into public" as
   BuildRequires.

   For koji, are there any repodata of dist-fc7 which contains "not formally
   pushed rpms" which can be used for mock build needed for package review
   as before? (i.e. I want to install "just rebuilt rpms" from repository
   like "local" repository as quickly as possible because I _frequently_
   meet the situation in which such "new" rpms are needed for review").

Regards,
Mamoru