Mass rebuild for f7-merge?

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org
Fri May 4 15:44:34 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 15:04:59 Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 April 2007 08:31:15 Axel Thimm wrote:
> > The fc6 tag is really cosmetics in comparison to what we may run into
> > w/o a proper rebuild. In fact we should really keep them (the tags),
> > so when a package explodes the user/bug reporter/bug assignee will be
> > able to identify the distribution the package was built on and perhaps
> > derive that that's the real issue.
>
> With Koji, it is pretty easy to find out EXACTLY what packages were in the
> buildroot to build any given package.  The dist tag is not necessary for
> guessing.

Jesse,

I was browsing Koji's pages when I discovered that my packages were all
rebuild by you the day before yesterday (2007/05/02). Actually, I discovered
that the tag "f7-merge" is composed of 2998 rebuilds, made by you on
Wednesday:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taginfo?tagID=11

I am pretty sure that I have not understood something. Maybe these rebuild
jobs are fake rebuilds, like a kind of copy (I do not know if the build
system can even rebuild almost 3000 packages in one day).

Can you give a word about that? :-)

--
Laurent Rineau
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LaurentRineau