Merge Status - Building available

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat May 5 20:37:56 UTC 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 22:33 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> > Jesse Keating wrote, at 05/04/2007 03:15 AM +9:00:
> > > Koji will take your build and run with it, you'll see some output on
> > > the CLI. Your build, if successful, will be tagged with 'dist-fc7'.
> > > This is not enough to get it into rawhide, as F7 is in continual slush
> > > freeze.  If you need your build to get into rawhide and thus Fedora 7,
> > > you need to follow the policy
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/DevelFreezePolicy
> > > here.

Hm.  So let's say I update and build an ex-Extras package in the devel branch.
I don't contact rel-eng so it won't get into Rawhide nor F7 per the above.
The question is where _will_ it end up in this scenario?

> > A. Does this mean that many packages which were approved and were
> >    rebuilt after koji began to work (then marked as 'dist-fc7')
> >    will not be pushed into Fedora 7,
> >    while they will be pushed into Fedora _Extras_ 6/5 as before (usually
> >    within two days)? (i.e. will this cause the situation that
> >    newer packages will appear on FE-5/6, but not on Fedora 7)?
>
> Unless you submit a request to rel-eng, yes.  You need to have those
> packages tagged as f7-final if you want them in the release.

What if I have some packages meeting the A) status above, and I don't care
that deeply whether they're in the F7 release but sure do want them in F7
repositories as soon as possible after the release; do I need to do
something?