Merge/F7 questions

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat May 5 21:00:04 UTC 2007

Hi, some questions about the merge and F7:

1) When will the EVR of the kernel to be included in the F7 final release be
known, and will there be time to build module packages for it and get them
through rel-eng?

2) How can I get the modules built for the f7-final kernel?  I just tried it
with em8300-kmod; "koji latest-pkg f7-final kernel" says
kernel-2.6.21-1.3116.fc7 at the moment, but I can no longer build modules for
it as those 1.3116.fc7 kernel(-devel) packages don't seem to be available for
the builders: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3364

3) The new mirror layout at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasMerge does not show
an "updates" directory for F7, nor mentions what replaces it.  Was its
omission from the new layout intentional?  If yes, where do package updates
go from F7 on?