major change release management for former Extras packages?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 7 15:22:10 UTC 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 11:00:09 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> OK, fair enough, though I don't like jumping through more hoops than I used
> to.

You may not, but users are pretty tired of seeing 40+ package updates
available and not having a single clue about _why_ those packages are
available for update.  And making sure that repos don't have broken deps is
rather important.  Marking security updates as such is _very_ important.
This really is more for the user than for the engineers.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora