confused by f7 vs. f7-final, what koji package shows, and ?tagID

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon May 7 17:07:36 UTC 2007

I must be thick :-) But I can't figure out if the correct version of a
package is in f7 final.

First of all, what is the difference between the f7 and f7-final?

% koji latest-pkg f7-final <package>

shows an entirely different package NVR than the what appears to have
been built into f7 (a.k.a devel with an f7 disttag)

> The list of package
> builds included in the f7-final tag can be viewed via:

> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packages?tagID=10

A few questions here:

First, is there some way to query f7-final packages other than magically
knowing to use tagID=10

Entering that URL brings up a list of f7-final packages, but it does not
list the NVR of the package, there is however a link to click for the
package, so follow that link, all you get is a list of builds with no
correlation to which NVR is in the "release".

How does one determine what NVR is in f7?

I assume if "koji latest-pkg f7-final <package>" does not return the
expected NVR or a current NVR as shown in the package build list we need
to email releng asking it to be included?
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit San Diego  |  May 9-11, 2007
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2007