major change release management for former Extras packages?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon May 7 17:15:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 19:13 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Monday, 07 May 2007 at 17:01, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 17:00 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > > OK, fair enough, though I don't like jumping through more hoops than I used
> > > to. One more question (I may have missed the answer in this thread): What
> > > happens if I update a package and tag and build it *now*. Will it end up in
> > > rawhide or not? Will it end up in post-release repo or not?
> >
> > No, it won't.  Right *now*, to get it into rawhide (and the release
> > repo), you need to email rel-eng with a request.
>
> So... all my unpushed updates would actually be reverted when rawhide is
> open again?

NO.  All of your unpushed packages are getting tagged with dist-fc7.
dist-fc8 will inherit all of those packages.  Rawhide will be dist-fc8
after F7 is branched.

You asked about getting packages into rawhide *now*.  Right *now*,
rawhide == f7-final.  After F7 is branched, it will be dist-fc8, which
will inherit everything from dist-fc7.  Which _includes_ all the builds
that have been tagged with that.

josh