confused by f7 vs. f7-final, what koji package shows, and ?tagID

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon May 7 17:24:22 UTC 2007

John Dennis wrote:
> I must be thick :-) But I can't figure out if the correct version of a
> package is in f7 final.
>
> First of all, what is the difference between the f7 and f7-final?
>
> % koji latest-pkg f7-final <package>

If we were to release FC7 today, this would be the version number you'd get.

> shows an entirely different package NVR than the what appears to have
> been built into f7 (a.k.a devel with an f7 disttag)

Correct.  koji latest-pkg dist-fc7 <package> is the latest built
version.  You need to request this moved to f7-final if you want it
included in FC7.  See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/DevelFreezePolicy

> How does one determine what NVR is in f7?

koji latest-pkg f7-final <package>

> I assume if "koji latest-pkg f7-final <package>" does not return the
> expected NVR or a current NVR as shown in the package build list we need
> to email releng asking it to be included?

Yes.