Post-merge howto and FAQ

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue May 8 10:42:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 00:11 -0400, David Moore wrote:
> That's very helpful, thanks.
>
> One question:  Presumably there is a date at which getting tagged with
> "f7-final" will stop meaning "goes in the Fedora 7 gold release" and
> will start meaning "goes in the Fedora 7 updates repository"?  How is
> this date decided and what kind of warning will we get before it
> happens?

Actually, the updates to Fedora 7 will have a different tag.  Likely
f7-updates or something (Jesse would know for sure).  As to when that
occurs, it will likely go active right around the time we declare F7 as
golden.  And yes, there should be an email explaining the update
procedure when it's ready.

> Also, in FC6 and earlier, the release and updates were stored in
> separate repositories on the server.  Will those continue to be
> separate, or will they be merged in F7?

Updates will continue to be stored in a separate repo as far as I know.

josh