Post-merge howto and FAQ

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed May 9 20:13:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 09:33:06AM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> as far as I understand the new process, there should be a big fat
> warning given to Extras maintainers not to update their FE 6 and 5
> packages (except for adding an integer after the dist-tag)

Well, that doesn't help in the case of a version bump which is the
most often package update class in Fedora (compared to updates to the
specfile changes or added/changed patches which keep the version
invariant).

I'd say try to do both in parallel with priority on F7, so it has a
chance to catch up. If you *can* wait for < F7 the better, but F7
shouldn't become a bottleneck for FC6/FE6 maintenance.

The policy is anyway that F7 doesn't really need to rebuild FC6
packages, unless you have a Real Good Reason. Personally I'm not a
believer of this policy, but maybe you are, so you don't even have to
think about upgrade paths :)
(Thinking about it this is why this policy was set up ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net