Packaging Haskell libraries

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu May 10 00:40:58 UTC 2007

On Do Mai 10 2007, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Yep.  The ghc-gtk2hs package is empty; I don't know what purpose it is
> supposed to serve.

Thinking about it, maybe it is just for convenience, when it depends on the
latest gtk2hs ghc package, one can install it to get always the latest. Hm,
there is a 1.3 MB ghc and a 31 MB ghc66 package, this is strange.

> It's understandable that the doc package would be
> implementation independent :-)

Oh, this is true, but I would expect the documentation in a -doc subpackage,
maybe a "virtual" package like the ghc-gtk2hs package would be better. I do
not know, whether or not a "Provide"-tag would be fine, too.

> FWIW, it took me about 5 minutes to build xmonad using cabal-rpm.

Does cabal-rpm output rpms or srpms / specs? Can you provide me the specs /
srpms? It will take me a lot longer just to understand, how to use xmonad. Do
I have to install it with "Setup.lhs"?

Regards,
Till