Plan for tomorrows (20070510) FESCO meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri May 11 13:20:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 11:34:45AM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 18:32 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
> > Well, what does that mean for compat-packages in general? Should each of
> > those have a limited life time as well? Or do we need other rules like
> > "packages from the repo are not allowed to use or link against compat
> > packages in the devel tree at release time of a Fedora release"?
>
> Probably. Jeremy Katz was working on a draft that says as much,
> although, I haven't seen it yet.

I hope it will only be a best effort and not a requirement... I have
used g77 (which is in a compat package) for quite a long time, and I
maintain a libnet10 compat package for those who want to use the old api
and I hope that it won't be forbidden. Of course we should push upstream
to use recent libraries, but we are not in control.

--
Pat