Broken upgrade paths in F7

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue May 15 18:08:34 UTC 2007

> Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 23:12 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> As such I think Rahul is shooting way over the top with
> >> Package is broken. Maintainer refuses to fix it. Others are not
> >> interested. Pulling the packages is the right way to go since they are
> >> implicitly orphaned packages. What alternative are you suggesting?
> >
> > That's not quite true in this case.  The package isn't broken.  The tag
> > on which it sits is.  Just clarifying that.
>
> Purely from the end user perspective what difference does it make? I

None.  But then again, neither does your suggestion of pulling the
packages out of the repo :).

> don't think the implementation details change the gist of my argument.
> Maintainer politics shouldn't affect end users in a opaque way.

In this particular thread, it's all about maintainer politics at the
moment.  "Broken package" is not entirely true and rather than have
another 80 fucking emails about why it is or is not true is something
I'd rather avoid.

josh