Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue May 15 18:47:24 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>>
>> For non obscure crasher / application not starting bugs I would rather
>> get the fix out asap then wait a few days and watch dozens of
>> duplicate bugs pop up.
>
> This is a valid point. Critical security fixes and bugs should have a
> exception when the only change being made in the update is the fix. All
> other packages go through updates-testing. Is that acceptable?

That is exactly what I was asking for, now the only remaining problem is the
definition of what is a critical bug fix. I think it would be best to only
allow updates-testing skipping by sending a request to rel-eng and getting
permission, much like this is done now for "breaking" the freeze.

Regards,

Hans