Offering packages for co-maintenance or adoption

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed May 16 12:22:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 20:27 +1200, Nigel Jones wrote:

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > due to the increased work-load being imposed on maintainers, I not any
> > longer feel able to maintain the following packages in reasonable
> > manners.
> >
> > To be able to concentrate my work-load better on the subset of packages
> > I am most interested in, I am offering the following packages I have
> > been maintaining in Fedora in recent years for co-maintainership or
> > adoption:
> >
> > cvsutils
> I wouldn't mind this one, but I'll pass on the others

Fine. I would have added you as co-maintainer of cvsutils in owners.list
but apparently the procedures outlined on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages?action=show&redirect=Extras%2FOrphanedPackages
also do not apply anymore:

$ cvs commit -m 'Add Nigel Jones as comaintainer of cvsutils.' owners.list
Enter passphrase for key '/users/corsepiu/.ssh/id_dsa':
**** Access allowed: corsepiu is in ACL for /cvs/pkgs/owners.
Checking in owners.list;
/cvs/extras/owners/owners.list,v  <--  owners.list
cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file
`/cvs/extras/owners/,owners.list,': Permission denied

Which form did I miss to fill out, now?

Ralf