Offering packages for co-maintenance or adoption

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed May 16 14:52:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:22:30 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I would have added you as co-maintainer of cvsutils in owners.list
> but apparently the procedures outlined on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages?action=show&redirect=Extras%2FOrphanedPackages
> also do not apply anymore:

1) There has never been a separate Wiki page that covers owners.list.

2) That you find the OrphanedPackages page during your search for
documentation on how to add package co-maintainers or new maintainers
adds confirmation for 1).

3) The Fedora Extras community used to be able to control their packages,
including package ownership, co-ownership, and orphans. We used to be
able to handle all that ourselves. But recently, a cage has been set up
for the monkeys. Look in the list archives (February 20th), the message
with the subject "Orphanizing the OrphanedPackages Wiki page") is the
announcement that the page is unmaintained.