Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu May 17 06:46:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 15:51 -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> I've been following this thread pretty casually.  So here are my
> thoughts:

> 4. We want to make sure that there's _some_ comment about why an update
> happens that end users might understand.
a) This comment already is supposed to be in an rpm.spec's changelog.

And similarly to "make clog", I don't see any reason why it can't
automatically be derived from there.

b) At least wrt. my packages, probably 90% of all "updates" are either
addressing packaging issues or "trivial" upstream updates.

I really don't see much reason why comments about them would be useful.

Ralf