De-sucking the packaging documentation

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Thu May 17 11:50:40 UTC 2007

Hello,

The current state of documentation about the buildsystem, tagging,
releases etc sucks. Noone is to blame, there's been a lot of churn
with regard to building, tagging etc, and much of the pertinent
documentation isn't easy to find, and isn't particularly accessible
when you do find it. The nearest thing to helpful is Josh Boyer's FAQ,
but that's only findable if you've been keeping up with this mailing
list. I think there's a need for some concerted documentation writing
needed to help packagers. I'm willing to help out with this, but I
don't want to go blindly hacking away at things. So, do other people
have thoughts on the best approach to this. Is anyone else interested
in helping out?

Jonathan.