5/16/2007 Broken upgrade paths in F7

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 17 14:37:00 UTC 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 07:55:18 Josh Boyer wrote:
> Ah.  I'll try and bug DaveJ about it as we get closer and send (or have
> him send) something out once it's know.

This is yet another reason why external kmods are such crap piles.  Often
times the kernel is the very last package to build, and when we "know" that
it is good, is when we actually do the spins.  We don't always have time to
wait for N kernel mods to rebuild against it and get tagged.  When the kmods
were in a separate repo this was less of an issue, but now that everything is
in the same repo it is far far more important of an issue and one that will
hound us quite often, like with every kernel update.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora