Plan for tomorrows (20070517) FESCO meeting

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Thu May 17 15:49:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 10:31 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> All we're really trying to do is make good packages. We've tried
> really
> hard to make guidelines that lead to good, clean,
> maintainable-long-after-you-are-dead packages.

I hear what you are saying and I understand.  What I'm saying is that
there's a fine line between making good packages and going over the
edge.  So in your example, documenting is good.  But if you end up with
an exception process?  I think that probably crosses the line.  Dispute
resolution, maybe.  But I just worry that we're going somewhere we don't
want to be.  Not sure how to properly put this into words.

--Chris